Wednesday, July 1, 2009

and so classes begin...

yesterday was my first day of class and i have the COOLEST teacher ever. his name is Yasser and he's Egyptian but he speaks english, french, and arabic fluently. he has a crazy curly afro, a curled up mustache and he always wears wingtips. my class is extremely small... only 8 people. perfect for learning. so far i have a grand tradition of french professors who like to incorporate celebrities into the french dialogue and activities :)

the school itself is gorgeous... on the right bank across from the Tour Eiffel, it's a 19th century town house with a little courtyard


this is a bird's eye view i found on google

went to my first parisian night club last night... it was a blast. on a tuesday night. the people in charge of the dorms i'm staying in threw us a party last night also... the head cook made us quiche and hors d'oeuvres and refreshments. it was amazing.

i'm loving how "together" this program is. like everyone in the program does things together. i mean we all get up together, go to class together, etc. it feels very connected and friendly. all the people i've met so far have been awesome. it's going to be a great month and a half. 

4 comments:

  1. Oh wow Annie, you lucky lucky girl. Culture!

    Also, I had to look up wingtips. I didn't know that that's what they're called, but cooool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah they are! like wingtipped, lace up oxfords! ya know?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah I'm so happy for you!! and jealous. soak it all up for me too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG ANNIE! THIS IS BEAUTIFUL! I'm so jealous and I miss you dearly, but I'm glad to hear you're having so much fun!

    ReplyDelete